We have a saying around our office, “Presentation is just as important as strategy.” What I mean by that is we could have an amazing marketing strategy that we put together for a client, but if we present it in Word with no logo, graphics or imagery it looks amateurish. We want to stand out from our competitors and we do that through great design.
Invest the money to develop collateral that embodies your company and will speak to your customers.
Take the following for example.
- Sales presentations should be customized to each potential customer you are going to chat with – include their logo, add in graphs that are relevant to their industry. Let the graphics tell the story.
- Your website is the first place people go to find out more information about you, with social media being a close second. Is the content, photos, design updated?
- When you meet someone, the first thing you hand them is your business card. Did you order them through VistaPrint or did you work with a designer to develop a template? What is the message you want to send?
- In our industry, proposals are a constant and we want to stand out. We have custom letterhead and a cover page that presents our company in a professional and eye-catching manner.
- Social media is an important tool for businesses. Do you have a cover image for Facebook and LinkedIn? Customizing those images allows companies to share an important message to visitors.
These are just a few examples of how design affects multiple facets of a business. Creative isn’t one and done, it should be ongoing to keep your brand fresh and relevant.